Key Stage One - Years 1 & 2
The Curriculum in Key Stage One (Ages 5-7)
We provide a programme of learning in Key Stage One covering...
- Plants & animals including humans, Animals and their habitats, Materials and Seasonal changes in Science.
- In Art we teach drawing, painting, sculpture and art and design techniques such as colour, texture and pattern. Pupils’ also learn about a range of artists, craft makers and designers.
- In Computing, pupils’ learn about algorithms, de-bugging, programming, creating, storing and retrieving information and how to stay safe online.
- In Design and Technology, pupils’ learn to design, make and evaluate a range of products and learn about food technology.
- In Geography, children learn about their own locality, the United Kingdom and the World, comparing climates across the continents.
- In History, pupils’ develop an awareness of the people and past events both within and beyond living memory alongside facts about their home town of Winsford.
- In Music, children learn to sing, play un-tuned instruments and experiment with making music.
- Religious Education includes an exploration of Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
- In PE, pupils’ learn to master movements such as running, jumping, throwing and catching, balance, agility and co-ordination. They learn to participate in team activities and competitive and non-competitive games.
We celebrate our learning and experiences in a variety of ways. We use our Twitter, Class Dojo and Facebook account to capture many events; our newsletter keeps everyone up to date with what is happening and each year group has a page on the website where you can find out more about the classes, their learning and learning links and each week. Weekly assemblies celebrate successes both in and out of school. We invite parents to come and join us at coffee mornings, where children often share their learning.